Needless to say, family photos when you have 6 kids under the age of 10 are nothing less than a major challenge. We had ours taken in October with the hope of getting "just one, pleeease, just one!" good one of everyone. No such luck. We were lucky to get a few with everyone sitting down in the same general area.
In steps my hero, Shutterfly. Year after year I have ordered our holiday cards from their online site, and this year will be no exception. They have so many different layouts (for moms like me who have to slice and dice photos to get good ones of everyone, or those lucky moms who have so many amazing shots, they can't pick just one), and the styles and graphics are just beautiful. And it's so easy to upload photos to their site to just 'drop' into the design. We get so many compliments on our cards! One year I didn't send one - I just ran out of time. I can't believe the number of people who told me they were disappointed!
This is what I'm choosing from this year: http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/christmas-photo-cards I need one with 6-7 individual photos, for separate photos of each child, and then hopefully room for the one of Oliver and me. Or maybe I'll use one of all of the kids, perfect or not. Or maybe the one where Gus is sitting with his back to the camera, but everyone else looks great (thanks a lot, Gus).
I have also ordered photo books from Shutterfly. They're so great to look through, and the kids love seeing themselves in print. The quality is outstanding, and the shipping is fast. Love it! It's my goal to make one of every year since we got married. Maybe after the house starts cleaning itself. :)
So, be on the lookout for this year's masterpiece! I am compiling it little by little, day by day. Hope to have it out by New Years! ;)
1 comment:
Just FYI, I got my cards free from Shutterfly this year by doing this write-up. Nothing like saving $150! :)
Post a Comment