Monday, February 22, 2010

A quiet moment

The days really fly by, and the few times I have to sit down and actually think about something don't come around that often. I get nostalgic when I look through old photos and I think "wow, Max was so little" or "aww, I remember when Emma did that" and can barely remember that time period. Sometimes I wish I could just slow it all down and file away more memories. Today I was holding Elliot and thinking how big he is already. I squeezed him and smelled him, and instantly remembered my other babies and their smells, and realized 'this is why we have so many kids'!! :) No more for us, though - we took care of that in December!

Today we spent the majority of the morning cleaning/organizing and vacuuming. Emma and Simon worked over his room while I did some of the same on the main floor. So many days I just fly through things and put this or that aside for another time to take care of it. I guess sometimes you have to actually take some time to do that. After lunch, we buckled down and went through some school work (including writing letters to Grandma, Grandpa, and Bert as practice for the proper way to do so), and now I'm preparing dinner and trying to keep things picked up!

I love the accomplishment of days like this - getting so much done is cathartic - but now I'm thinking about all the other stuff I really should be doing, like transferring information from calendars (I have 7 years of calendars set aside) to baby books, and more importantly, writing entries in the kids' memory books, which I haven't done in way too many months. I feel like I'm on a speeding train with my head hanging out the window!




No comments: