Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Christmas card photo attempt, take one!

This afternoon was supposed to be much sunnier (and warmer!) than it actually was, but I had it in my mind that we were going to go to Holmes Lake to get some photos for our Christmas cards, so off we went. It was me, the 5 kids, Grissom (our dog), and my camera. Needless to say, I got about 10 shots of all 5 of them together, and in each one, every last one of them was looking in a different direction or had their eyes closed, or were picking their nose or someone else's nose, etc. I really like the individual shots I got, though, and they all had a great time, so not a total loss! Unfortunately, Gus has had a very runny nose, so in addition to having snot on his face for most of the shots, he also has a scab around his nostril from it all, so the photos of him aren't as cute as usual. :( Oh well - this is why I started the Christmas card photo adventure so early - plenty of time to get a good shot, even if we have to stay inside!



Max and Gus walking up the embankment:



Max, surveying the situation:



Max was saying "Stop taking my picture!":



Gus walking off, Max still angry at my trying to capture his soul:


Sunset over the lake:


Emma and Grissom, waiting for the rest of the kids to congregate for the group shot:


Simon, post-group shot:


Emma and Simon watching the ducks. While I was taking this photo, Grissom was *freaking out*, trying to get to the ducks. Hunting dog breed, indeed!:


I let him off his leash, and he was off! Unfortunately for him, so were the ducks:


Grissom, Max, Emma, and Simon watch the ducks swim away:


Simon was sitting down to wring out his socks from having gotten too close to the lake:


Emma loves the camera, and the camera loves her!:


Grissom, looking around for more prey, as Max walks on:


Pensive Max:

Simon was throwing sticks in the lake... he had to use the biggest one he could find, of course!

The one solitary shot of Sam. Babies just don't do many interesting things when they're strapped into a stroller!

More Max - had to get him while he wasn't looking!:



2 comments:

elm said...

I "finally" gave up on a group picture of any kind...at least on for sending in lovely Christmas cards!! Too many goofy ones of my 7 and 3 year olds... the 5-er is so nice for photos... you'd think I paid her off!!

The Adventure of Linds and Lyds! said...

Heck I have a hard enough time getting just 2 to sit still, so I can only imagine 5. I think you should put them on the couch and make Oliver dance behind you to make them smile!