.jpg)
Wow, three weeks since the last entry? I'm slacking! It's been a busy month - wrapping up summer fun and getting ready for school. This year, Emma is in 2nd grade (and has the teacher that I had my practicum (basically pre-student teaching) with when I was at UNL, so that's fun), Simon is in 1st grade (LOVES his teacher - she's very, very nice) and Max is in his first year of preschool. He loves going to school like Emma and Simon, and is bummed on Tuesdays and Thursdays when he doesn't get to go. It's so strange to run errands with just Gus and Sam. I sure get a lot more done! :)
First day of school:
.jpg)
The weekend before school started, Oly and I took Emma, Simon, and Max to Fun Plex (amusement park in Omaha) for the afternoon. We started a bit of a tradition last year, with taking the school-aged kids to a water park for the day, before school starts every year. They love it, and it's great for Oly and I to have some time with the older kids.
.jpg)
Oliver got a fun new bike. It's got a platform on the back for extra riders - kind of like a tandem, but the extra rider just sits there. He took the older kids for a spin last night and I even got a turn. There are add-ons available, like handlebars for the extra rider, and one person even constructed enclosed seats for his two kids and took them everywhere. I think Oly is hoping to have a similar set-up and be responsible for getting Emma and Simon to school sometimes, via bicycle. All three of them are overly excited about that prospect. It's pretty cool, I must admit. Very 'green' of us, eh? The school they go to is a little over 3 miles away, so not too bad of a trek. Drop-off at the school is crazy in the mornings though, so I won't be sad to miss out on that. :)
Just a quick spin down the street with Max:The safe way to ride (you can tell he went quite a bit faster with Simon):
And here are a few cute photos, no real story to accompany them.
Gus, having a little too much fun with his lunch:
Some new shots of Sam, he's 4 months old now!
Gus is so photogenic. Here he is being cute on our front porch:
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Love the new pix! That bike looks pretty darn sweet.
And look at Gus' hair curling out! It's adorable!! Never cut it! :b
Now that you're seemingly a little less busy, maybe we could attempt more playdates?
I second all of the above.
Post a Comment